TUESDAY AUGUST 22nd, 2017
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 23rd, 2017
THURSDAY AUGUST 24th, 2017
Understand Your Genome Workshop – Illumina
Registration for Workshops – Indigo Ballroom
Breakfast Buffet – Indigo West Foyer
Perspectives in Diagnostics – Mara Aspinall – Indigo 202 A
(An integrated look at how diagnostics are used in the lab and the clinic)
Predictive Analytics – Nephi Walton – Indigo 204 A
Best Practices of Genetic Testing – Jeanette McCarthy – Indigo 202 A
Goals of the workshop are to bring together testing labs, health care providers, and anyone interested in the genetic testing space to help develop strategies to reduce the misuse and misinterpretation of genetic tests. Workshop participants will:
1. review causes of misuse/misinterpretation
2. propose solutions to improve interpretation and use by health care providers
3. develop best practices for evaluating testing labs
Evidence Based Claims in NGS – Paul Langley – Indigo 204 A
PMLS 2017 Registration Open – Indigo West Foyer
Opening Reception – Indigo Terrace
TUESDAY AUGUST 22ND, 2017
Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
Tissue is the Issue – A Paradigm Shift in Biopsy Philosophy
Taking it to the Bank – Ethical, Legal, and Regulatory Implications of Bio-Specimen Storage in the Era of Precision Medicine
Biomarker Purgatory – Why so many publications and so few successes?
Platinum Sponsor Spotlight Session
Trials & Tribulations – The Demise of the Randomized Clinical Trial
Is Regulatory Agility an Oxymoron?
Access and Affordability of Advances in PM and Disparities of Care
Circulating Exosomes – New Diagnostics for Disease Detection & Treatment Monitoring
Free Evening – Enjoy the sights and sounds of San Diego’s broad array of restaurants and nightlife
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 23RD, 2017
Is the Regulatory Bar for Approval of Oncology Products and Orphan Diseases Too Low?
PM and Performance Based Pricing – Why pay for interventions that don’t work?
Genes, Circuits and Precision Medicine in Neurodevelopmental Disorders
Smart Machines and Slow Brains – The Role of Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence in PM
Invasion of the Body Trackers – Wearables, Sensors, and Remote Health Status Monitoring
Digital Genomics – The Last Mile Between Sequencing and the Clinic
Do Mobile Apps and Web Based Healthcare Sites for Consumers Enhance Care and Outcomes?
- Medication Non-Adherence
- Medical Imaging & Pathology – will machine intelligence replace human specialists?
- Defining Value in Biomedical Innovation – metrics, costs, and outcomes
- Access and Affordability of Advances in PM and managing disparities of care
- Precision Medicine and Infectious Diseases – new diagnostics for global surveillance
- Data Mining of real world evidence from large populations: the fastest route to routine PM?
- Mental Illness – a neglected ‘orphan’ in precision medicine?
- Security of Healthcare data in the Cloud
THURSDAY AUGUST 24TH, 2017
Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained – How San Diego became a breeding ground for success.
(How do we sustain incentives for innovation in an era of intensifying scrutiny on cost and value?)
The Invisible Organ – Illuminating the Microbiome with Precision Medicine
Precision Planet – A Global View of Population Health
Brave New Future: Genome Editing & Regulatory Oversight
Is the Cost of Immuno-oncology Treatment Economically Sustainable?